Friday 16 September 2011

Author Interview: Joel Arnold

Joel Arnold has written Snow Burn.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Joel Arnold, and I live in Minnesota, USA

2. Do you have a pen name?
Sort of – I’ve written a middle grade book, Ox Cart Angel, under the name J.A. Arnold (clever, huh?)

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Snow Burn – Two teens go winter camping and discover the man they rescue from freezing to death is a dangerous escaped convict.

4. Do you have plans for a new book?
I always have plans for a new book!

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. Fell in love with it when I won a writing contest in the 2nd grade, where first prize was lunch out with my teacher.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Occasionally.

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
My wife is a graphic designer, and she does my covers.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?   
I really don’t have a preference, although I do like gazing at my bookshelf every once in a while. It calms me and puts me in a happy place.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?   
Yes.

10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
A couple – To Kill a Mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye.

11. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m reading ‘Earth Abides’ by George R. Stewart on my Kindle.

12. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My best advice is simple – patience! Be tenacious, be persistent, and if you really want it, don’t give up. The best advice I’d heard from other writers is also simple: “Put your butt in your chair and write.” What this means in part is that writers can easily get distracted, especially with all the social media at our fingertips, so it’s important to make yourself actually write. It also means that you can outline and plot and come up with ideas until the cows come home, but you still gotta ‘put your butt in your chair and write.’


13. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog: 
http://authorjoelarnold.blogspot.com/


Facebook page: www.facebook.com/joelarnold68

Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/joelarnold

Twitter: @authorarnold

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Joel-Arnold/e/B003SECIGY

Smashwords: www.smashwords.com/profile/view/joelarnold

Snow Burn at Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snow-Burn-ebook/dp/B0041VYN8Y





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment