Monday 26 September 2011

Fracture by Megan Miranda


ISBN9780802723093
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 262


A lot can happen in eleven minutes.
By the time seventeen year old Delaney Maxwell is pulled out of the icy waters of a frozen lake, her heart has stopped beating. She is in a coma and officially dead. But Delaney pulls through. How? Doctors are mystified. Outwardly she has completely recovered. But Delaney knows something is very wrong. Pulled by sensations she can't control, she finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her brain predicting death or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who lost his whole family in a car accident and emerged from a coma with the same powers as Delaney. At last she's found a kindred spirit who'll understand what she's going through. But Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature - or something much more frightening? 

I thoroughly enjoyed reading my ARC copy of Fracture by Megan Miranda (supplied by Bloomsbury for me to read and review). It was beautifully written from start to finish, and as a result I flew through it! My favourite characters were Delaney and Decker. Delaney because of her determination during her coma and her sarcasm & wit throughout the book. And Decker because of his kind, caring nature  and his heroic attempts to save Delaney both from the Lake (and later on from herself). Although I absolutely love the cover of my ARC copy of Fracture (pictured below), I think that the cover at the top of this post (which will be the official cover) suits the story inside better. Also I love the beautiful teaser on the cover, "A lot can happen in eleven minutes" which is seamlessly reiterated throughout the book.


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I Love both covers on this book, can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your review very much...totally adding it to my TBR! How do you revive ARCs from Bloomsbury by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^typo should be receive not revive. Stupid auto-correct haha

    ReplyDelete