Sunday 6 November 2011

Author Interview: J. Conrad


J. Conrad has written Lake Caerwych.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is J. Conrad and I live in Cedar Park, Texas, in the United States. Although I wasn't born here, I would definitely call Texas home and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My first book is called Lake Caerwych. I would sum it up as:
Thrown 2,500 years into Welsh antiquity, Bridget Holland returns from death several times to solve mysteries of the ancient past.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I am about two-thirds of the way through writing, The Space Between Worlds, which is the Book #2 of the series.

4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Absolutely! Anyone who would like to read and review my book may contact me and receive a free copy of the eBook.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover came to me when I was researching an area of northwest Wales. I wanted to convey to readers the mysterious beauty of the place the characters visit, while at the same time giving them a glimpse of the pendant that embarks Bridget and Celena on their journey.
Artist Cynthia Bowler, my best friend from high school, designed the cover.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
I chose the title “Lake Caerwych” for two reasons. One: Llyn Caerwych in Wales is an integral part of the girls' adventure. Two: Because of this, I originally just wanted to call the book “Llyn Caerwych,” but knew that most American readers would probably have no idea what that meant. “Lake Caerwych” seems to be a good compromise.

7. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
At this point, no, there is nothing I would change. However, this is my debut novel and I'm sure that as I grow and develop as a writer I will look back on my first book and see it differently.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love both eBooks and paperbacks.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am a self-published author.

10. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
You bet! I have read at least 5 books more than once, but I have read Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon 6 times. :)

11. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just started reading Between by Cyndi Tefft in eBook format.

12. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice is to read a lot, write a lot and restructure your life as needed so that you can do those things. Get connected up with other writers and read their books and blogs so that you can get new viewpoints and improve your writing. Never let anyone or anything stop you from writing. Only you know what you can really do, so go out there and do it.

13. Where can your readers follow you?


Twitter: @j_a_conrad




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. I was first drawn to the book cover because of title and thought the book setting might be somewhere in Wales and when I read the interview I was right. :D I'm curious now. :D

    ReplyDelete