Wednesday 16 November 2011

Author Interview: Lori Lowthert



Lori Lowthert has written Instrument Of Evil.



1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Lori A. Lowthert and I live in Connecticut with my husband and our four cats. The cats think they are in charge of the house.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Instrument of Evil is a coming-of-age tale of a girl who grows up to be a serial killer, but she falls in love.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
This book is part of a trilogy, the Evil series. The second book, Judgment of Evil, is completed and being edited. The third book is nearly completed. I plan to release Judgment of Evil in November or December, and the third book in early 2012.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I grew up loving to read for as long as I can remember, and my love of books led me to want to write. I have been seriously writing for six months because I had the gift of time to write, but I have been writing things on and off for years.

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Absolutely! If someone is going to invest the time and energy into reviewing my book, I think it is completely logical to provide them with a copy.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I designed the cover for my first book from a picture that I liked. Unfortunately, I didn’t know how to use the template for the cover from CreateSpace, so the softcover has a different cover. I hired a great graphic designer/artist to design the second and third covers.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
The title for my book comes from a line in the book. The title for the second book seemed like a natural extension of the first.

8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I do have a book trailer. It can be found here: http://youtu.be/hMOTvc4hZ8E
It was fun to make, but I don’t think it did anything to increase sales, which is kind of the point of them. I’m going to try one for the second novel too.

9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I like any kind of book. I’m not as fond of audiobooks because my attention wanders when I’m listening, but I have a few.

10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes. I went the Indie route because I wanted to get my book out there and didn’t want to go through the process of querying, taking time.

11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I almost always read books more than once. Some notable or recent ones are The Sound and the Fury (12 times), all of the Harry Potter series (at least twice for all of them, more for some), Duma Key by Steven King (twice)

12. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m surprisingly not reading anything at the moment. I’ve been more focused on my writing. The last 2 books I read were Criminal Law Basics, in softcover, and The Lincoln Lawyer, in eBook format.

13. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Try to have a set time of day to write, and a routine. I try to write at least 3,000 words a day. I don’t always get there, but that’s my goal. When you are writing don’t take phone calls, and don’t check email, and don’t mess around on Facebook and Twitter. When I follow the last rule I’ll let you know.
The best advice I got was “Keep writing.”

14. Where can your readers follow you?



Twitter:  RebekahJohnson5





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment