Tuesday 15 November 2011

Author Interview: Stacy Eaton



Stacy Eaton has written My Blood Runs Blue and Blue Blood For Life.


1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
With my writing, I use the name Stacy Eaton.  It is a pen name, but it is also part of my real name.  I currently live in Southeastern Pennsylvania.  When I was growing up, I went to 13 different schools before I graduated because we moved so often. I have actually moved 23 times in 9 different states, so I am glad to finally call PA home now.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Blue Blood for Life: A suspenseful, intriguing novel about love, choices and consequences that will keep you on your toes to the very end.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I currently have two books out in this series, My Blood Runs Blue and Blue Blood For Life.  There will be at least 2 more books in the series and I am currently working on book 3 right now.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I had no real inspiration.  I got the idea, I sat down and wrote it and it was done.  Sounds strange I know, but I had never thought of being a writer before I sat down with My Blood Runs Blue in October of 2010.

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes I do.  Generally if someone would like to review my book, I will gift them a PDF file.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The covers are from my own design.  They are ideas that I had that bring a piece of the inner book to the outside to show just a fraction of what is inside.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
All of my titles come from a piece of the book.  Usually a series of words used in a sentence or that are said with feeling in the book.  It is not until I am about half way through a book that I find the title that will work for it.

8. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Other than to change a little bit of the cover on My Blood Runs Blue, not right now.

9. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I love Video Trailers – love putting them together and love watching them.  I like to see just a small visual piece of what is to come.  I want to get a feeling for a story before I read it.  Some video trailers have been the reasons I have read the books. 

10. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I read mostly Kindle books – It’s just easier to keep my Kindle with me or read it on my Droid phone.  If I really like a book a lot – then I want the Hardcover.  Those are getting hard to find these days, so sometimes I have to settle for the paperback. I don’t like Audiobooks.  I am not a listener. I am a visual person so I understand better when I see things with my own eyes.

11. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I have self-published both of my books and will continue to do that. I like the control I have.  I am not big on allowing others to dictate what I can and can’t do, kind of like Officer Kristin Greene in the series.

12. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I have read many books several times, but my favorite series was written by Janelle Taylor years ago called the Ecstasy Series with Grey Wolf.  I must have read that series 10 times.

13. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Last night I started reading “Come Back to Me” by Melissa Foster. I am a huge fan of hers!  I’m already about 17% done with the book on my Kindle and will probably finish it by tomorrow.

14. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Accept criticism – plain and simple.  Allow people to tell you what they loved or hated about your writing. Listen to them and take them seriously – readers are whey we write, so if you can’t make them happy, your writing career is not going to be very long.

15. Where can your readers follow you?


Facebook page:

Goodreads author page:

Twitter: @StacySEaton 

Amazon: 
http://www.amazon.com/Stacy-Eaton/e/B005KQIJY8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for inviting me to your site!! This is the first UK blog I have been on - and that is exciting! I look forward to seeing any comments your readers might have.

    ReplyDelete