Thursday 12 January 2012

Author Interview: Claire Merle

Claire Merle has written The Glimpse.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?

Hi ! My name is Claire Merle, I was born in Oxford, England and now live in Paris, France with my French husband and 2 young sons.

2. Do you have a pen name?
No.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
THE GLIMPSE is a heart-pounding dystopian thriller for young adults.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
THE GLIMPSE is the first book in a duet. I’m currently writing the second (and final book), The Fall. After that I’ll be working on a fantasy novel for young adults.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve always loved writing. I’ve been doing it ever since I can remember learning to write !

6. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
I think it’s quite exciting having different book covers for different countries, but that’s not really up to the author. It’s the publisher that decides what goes on the cover.

7. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I love book trailers. They can go a long way in evoking the ambience of a book. A book trailer has been made for The Glimpse, but I don’t think it’ll be out until March.

8. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
No, my publisher is Faber & Faber.

9. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Among others : ‘Rebecca’ by Daphne du Maurier, ‘Tender is the Night’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald, ‘Pride and Prejudice’ by Jane Austen, ‘1984’ by George Orwell.

10. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m currently listening to the audio book ‘Life as we Knew it,’ by Susan Beth Pfeffer and currently reading ‘The Road’ by Cormac McCarthy. They’re both pretty intense. But I’m greatly enjoying each of them for different reasons.

11. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Never give up.

12. Where can your readers follow you?






Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog Rachel! And anyone out there who has ever considered acting, if you're between 13-18 don't be shy! Take a look at the scripts, film something on your Dad's iphone or your webcam and send it in! (www.facebook.com/theglimpmse.) You could be just who we're looking for!

    ReplyDelete