Wednesday 14 March 2012

Author Interview: Madison Daniel

Madison Daniel has written Ember.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Madison Daniel. I usually call home wherever my muse takes me BUT lately it is Arizona.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Ember: Book One in the Ember series. Love never dies...but it can kill.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Ember is scheduled for a 6 book story arc. Book two, Downpour is finished and waiting for publication. Book three is in it’s second draft. I also have a new series I hope to share with the world before the summer.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I defiantly get my creative side from my mother, so I guess I should give her all the credit for my talents. BUT music, in all its forms have been my biggest inspiration. I have written in some form since I was a child. I started with self made comic books. That turned to movie screenplays and short stories. Now, I just write what I’d like to see on the television or movie screen. I’m a very visual writer.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
Lucked out in the cover department. Perfect image for my story. ParaGraphic Designs added their personal touch to it and made it all shiny and new. I love it.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
The word ‘ember’ just hit all the right notes in my series. A young fire-starter that leaves his mark on all he touches. I think it fit the whole romantic twists and turns within the series too. BUT there is a method to my madness...every book in the Ember series has a FINAL chapter after the official ending...a moment or twist to leave the readers breathless. That secret chapter is always titled after the name of the book. When you read the title of any of the books in the Ember series it will give you a hint of how things are going to end.

7. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
All of the above! I want to devour it all, in any form. Each one adds a unique experience and I want my senses satisfied. That being said though, I really try to push for the future. Embrace the now. So, e-books might be my fav (by only the slightest of margins)!

8. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Of course! The Shining, Fire-Starter, Cujo, Carrie...notice a pattern yet? Ha! I’m kind of a KING fanatic.

9. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
The Power of Six - Pitticus Lore (hard cover), Becoming - Raine Thomas (e-book), Ever Shade - Alexia Purdy (e-book).

10. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice is to trust your words. Never stop chasing your ‘muse.’ Best advice I ever received was “Don’t be scared, they’re just words. Now, shut-up and write.”

11. Where can your readers follow you?
All the usual places...








Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

3 comments: