Tuesday 15 May 2012

Author Interview: Brian Woods

Brian Woods has written the Tales Of Suruale series.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Brian Woods, currently Birmingham Alabama but I've called many places home in my past.
 
2. Do you have a pen name?
Nope, just Brian Woods

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Tales of Suruale: Cythe
Its about a small time boy who gets a chance at the big city world.
 
4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
We, my co-writer Roy C. Booth and I, have several more books coming in this series.
 
5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
Anne McCaffery told me, while she signed 3 books for me, that anyone could learn to write. And I followed her advice on it.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I have several times before.

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I knew I wanted a sword, and I spent hours on the phone with Erika Weirich and she came up with the idea, and we love it.

8. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
An out of print book of mine, Stories of Anduale. It was so good, the artist got a full scholarship to a large name university for it.

9. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Nothing. They fit the stories.

10. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
Yes, but only because the marketing is so different in other countries.

11. How did you come up with the title for your book?
It just came to me, while I was waking from a dream about dragons.

12. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Nothing, not one thing.

13. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I currently have one that we have been playing with but I think they are more for big time writers than the little guy.

14. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Audio is my favorite. I love riding down the road listening to them.

15. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I have self published before, and have been small pressed published. A few stories of mine have been traditionally published.
 
16. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I have read several books more than once, too many to name.
 
17. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version)
Nope. But like every reader, I have been lured by the cover alone.

18. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
Eragon. I picked it up because of the dragon the day it was released.

19. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Yes. Several books I never picked up because of the cover.
 
20. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
MockingJay, Kindle

21. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Show, don't tell. Active, not passive voice.

22. Where can your readers follow you?

Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment