Wednesday 12 September 2012

Author Interview: Julie Cross


Tempest, the first book by Julie Cross is out in paperback on 30th August 2012 and the follow up, Vortex, will be out in January 2013. 

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Julie Cross and I live in a town in Central Illinois, about two hours south of Chicago and thirty minutes from the Indiana border.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My most recently published book is called Tempest. The short summary is, Nineteen year old, time traveler, Jackson Meyer witnesses his girlfriend's murder and then gets stuck two years in the past.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Tempest is part of a trilogy. The second installment, Vortex, releases in January 2013.

4. How did you come up with the title for your book?
My editor actually came up with the title Tempest. It has a literal and a more figurative meaning but if I explain the literal meaning it will spoil the book. The figurative meaning is just that Tempest is a strong and violent storm and that's exactly what happens when Jackson is stuck two years in the past and can't get himself back.

5. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
There is a book trailer for Tempest and it can easily be found on youtube. There's a few versions for the foreign editions as well. Personally, I love to watch book trailers. I think its a great way to get people interested in a particular book.  


6. What is your opinion on ARCs?
I'm still fascinated with the idea of being able to read a book BEFORE it releases so I love getting ARC in the mail. Makes me feel important. But at the same time, I was okay with not having many arcs out of my second novel, Vortex because I want the plot to be a mystery for those who read the first book and I'd hate for too many spoilers to pop up online.
 
7. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love my e-reader. I think it so nice to have. I also love to fill my book shelves with hardcovers as well. 
 
8. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I've read so many books more than once it's not even funny. I've read all the Harry Potter books at least 10 times each. 
9. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK , US or Canadian version)
I ordered used copies of the Bloomsbury edition of Harry Potter 7 just to have the adult cover with the locket on the front. We don't have that in the US . Then I ended up finding used copies of three other UK version of Harry Potter and I loved reading them with the mums instead of moms and jumper instead of sweater. If a book is set in the UK then I want the full experience. It is still English after all. 

10. What is your favourite film based on a book?
It's not a fulled length book, but I'd have to say the Shawshank Redemption based on the novella/short story by Stephen King. 

11. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
Young adult. Always.
 
12. What books have made it onto your wishlist recently? And why?
Shades of Earth by Beth Revis. I just love the Across the Universe series and can't wait to see where she's going with the final installment. 

13. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I'm reading Fair Coin by E.C. Myers and it's a hardcover.
 
14. If you could invite any four celebrities (alive or dead) to your dinner party, who would you invite and why?
J.K. Rowling--obviously, I'm a fan.
John Green--Met him at LeakyCon and we chatted for about twenty minutes and he was so cool, I'd love to talk again.
Chris Coffer from Glee--he's an author now and seems like a really cool person and he could dish all the Hollywood gossip and I adore Glee.
Dominique Moceanu--Just finished reading her biography and I'm a huge gymnastics fan and I love her story and was left with many more questions to ask.

15. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
I enjoy working out and running mostly. 
 
16. Where can your readers follow you?






Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment