Tuesday 18 September 2012

Author Interview: Kat Zhang


Kat Zhang has written What's Left Of Me.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I'm Kat Zhang, and I'm from Nashville, TN :)

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My debut book is called WHAT'S LEFT OF ME and here is is in 20 words or fewer: A 15-year-old girl fights to survive in a world where two souls inhabit each body and one must disappear. Whew! 19 words! WHAT'S LEFT OF ME will release on September 18th of this year.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
WHAT'S LEFT OF ME is the first book in a trilogy called The Hybrid Chronicles, so I'm working on Book 2 right now. I always have new ideas for books floating around, so I have a few unrelated works in progress going on, as well.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I started dreaming about publishing a book when I was 12 years old, and I started my first (unfinished) novel that same year, so I guess you could say I've been writing novels for eight or nine years now. I was inspired by all the books I read as a kid. I was definitely The Bookworm at school. Once, in elementary school, I heard one teacher say to another about me: "I don't think that kid needs to eat. She just reads!" :P

5. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Oh, yes, definitely. Not as much anymore, but when I was a kid, I read my favorite books over and over and over again. I can't even name them all, really. Any book I owned I read at least 5 times.

6. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My best advice is really very simple: keep writing, keep learning, keep trying. It's hard to give broad advice about writing and publishing since the process can be so very different for each person, but I've never heard of anyone going wrong with those three things :) And really, that's the best advice I've been given when it comes to writing, as well. That and the reminder to remember why you write--for me, in the end, I write not because I wanted to be published or to win so-and-so award or to sell so-and-so number of copies, but just because I love the process of creating a story. Remembering that helps me concentrate and stress less :)

7. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog: katacomb.blogspot.com (my main site is: katzhangwriter.com)



Twitter: @KatZhang



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment