Saturday 8 September 2012

Author Interview: M. Leighton

M. Leighton has written the Madly, The Fahllen, the Blood Like Poison, the Wiccan and The Eclipse series.

1. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent book is called The Wild Ones and it’s a contemporary romance about forbidden love and what Cami and Trick are willing to go through for each other.

2. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am currently working on a stand-alone contemporary romance, but later in the year, I’ll be writing the fourth book in a series called Blood Like Poison.

3. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
The end of Twilight inspired me to start writing, as cliché as that sounds. I was devastated when I finished the series and I wanted to write about my own characters. That way, I could keep them as long as I liked. That was in June of 2009, when I wrote my first novel. The rest, as they say, is history.

4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Not unless they are bloggers. I gift books to readers occasionally, but never with the expectation of a review. A review would be nice and very much appreciated, but I NEVER mention it.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
With the exception of one, I have done all my covers using stock art. I usually have a specific idea in mind and I brows the pictures until I find something that fits. Of course, sometimes, I see a picture I love and work the story around it, but that doesn’t happen very often.

6. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
Probably Madly. I love that artist’s interpretation of a mermaid.

7. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Some yes, some no. I would love to work with a professional who could give them all something that is unique to my work, but until then, I’m pretty okay with what I’ve got.

8. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea, but it has never occurred to me, to be honest.

9. How did you come up with the title for your book?
My most recent, The Wild Ones, comes from a line in the book that’s actually referring to wild horses. It suits the main male character so perfectly, though, it is once used in reference to him. 

10. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I would construct it to be at least a two-book series. That’s probably where I’ll end up going anyway, but I wish I’d left it open in a different way.

11. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I have one that a reader did and I love it. I like book trailers and I’ve done them before, but I can’t say they are a priority for me.

12. What is your opinion on ARCs?
I love doing them as long as the source is trustworthy. 

13. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I still love a traditional paperback. I’m not sure why, but I love to hold it in my hands as I read.

14. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am self-published. Indie and proud of it. LOL

15. Where can your readers follow you?








Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment