Wednesday 30 January 2013

Author Interview: Jelani Sims

Jelani Sims has co-written Night Of The Necromancer.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Jelani Sims and I was born and raised in Houston, Texas.

2. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
There are always things that could be changed about one of my books or stories. Eventually, I have to just set it down and hope that it's in a great enough form and that other people can enjoy it. 

3. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
At the moment, I prefer ebooks. They help me read faster, they are easier and light to carry around, and it's the dominant format of the book that Kyle West and I published. 

4. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am currently a self-published indie author. I would like to eventually get published "for real" one day, but I am currently enjoying the experience of self-publishing. 

5. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I usually don't read books more than once, but I have read the Resident Evil series by S. D. Perry on several occasions, just because I love her writing style and seek to mimic it in my own writing. 

6What is your favourite film based on a book?
Carrie is definitely my favorite film based off of a book. I love both the original version from the '70s and the remake for television. I'm also excited to see the most recent remake, which is coming out later this year. 

7. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
My favorite book genre at the moment, every moment in fact, is horror and suspense. I've been reading it since I was a kid and I never tire of it. 

8. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
At the moment, I am reading 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill in ebook format. 

9. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The best advice I've been given as a writer and the advice that I would give to other writers, is to write and read. The only way to become a better writer is by reading voraciously and writing every day. 

10. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
I love singing and dancing, and have a soft spot for musical theatre and music in general. I take a dance class regularly at a studio in Norman OK, where I currently live. 

11. Where can your readers follow you?






Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment