Monday 11 February 2013

Author Interview: Felicia Tatum

Felicia Tatum has written The White Aura.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?  
Felicia Tatum. I live in Tennessee

2. Do you have a pen name? 
Nope! I wanted my own named attached to my work.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 
The White Aura: A young sorcerer finds his heart mate but can’t physically meet her yet because of a curse on his family. So he visits her in her dreams. (I think that’s more than 20 words haha)

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
Yes, I’m currently working on book two in the sorcerer series, The Vessel, and I’m also writing an adult romance novel.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing? 
My daughter helped me rediscover my love of writing. I began at age 12, but got away from it. I started back last year because I want be home with my daughter.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? 
Yes, often.

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
My amazing artist, Samantha Bagood, designed my cover! She’s amazing.

8. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written? 
The White Aura is my debut novel, but it’s definitely amazing :)

9. Is there anything you would change about your book covers? 
Only to have them sitting in store shelves haha

10. Would you have different book covers for different countries? 
No, I’d want the same cover for all countries.

11. How did you come up with the title for your book? 
It actually came to me about half way through writing the book. It’s a part of it, but you’ll have to read it to find out.

12. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why? 
I’d make it longer…why? Because fans want more!

13. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers? 
No. I don’t mind them, I just didn’t do it for this book. I may in the future.

14. What is your opinion on ARCs? 
I love reading ARC’s! I may do that with my new book…

15. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks? 
Paperbacks are awesome, but ebooks are so much cheaper and easier to purchase.

16. Are you a self-published / Indie author? 
Yes, I am.

17. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it? 
I’ve read the entire Heaven Series by V.C. Andrews at least four times.

18. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version) 
Nope.

19. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover? 
Never judge a book by its cover…but don’t we all? Yes, I have.

20. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it? 
Sadly, I saw one that did.

21. What is your favourite film based on a book? 
The Notebook

22. What is your favourite book genre at the moment? 
YA paranormal/fantasy

23. What books have made it onto your wishlist recently? And why? 
The Indigo Spell (I love Richelle Mead) and quite a few of my fellow indies books. They write so many great stories!

24. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format? 
Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring. E-book

25. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing? 
My advice and the best advice are the same: WRITE!

26. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?  
I enjoy photography and movies.

27. Where can your readers follow you?









Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment