Tuesday 2 April 2013

Author Interview: Jus Accardo

Jus Accardo has written the Denazen series.


1. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I’m always working on something new ;) Right now, I’m working on the next book in the Denazen series, as well as the second book in the Darker series, the first book of which is tentatively scheduled for release this coming June.

2. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
Hmm… That’s tough cause I love all my covers. But if I had to pick, I think it’s a tie between Touch and a mock up for Darker Days that I saw a few days ago!

3. Do you have a playlist in mind for any of your books?
All my books have playlists. Hell, every character has their own playlist ;) Some scenes, too.  You can find a full list here

4. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Well, I’ll always love paperbacks. I’m a sucker for trade. But, I have grown attached to e-books if for no other reason than my shelves - and my husband - thank me. There’s no room left in the house for more book shelves :D

5. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I think I’ve read all my books more than once :D I have a few though, my comfort books, that I read over and over and over… Nightlife by Rob Thurman, Bitten by Kelly Armstrong, and The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West by Mary Stanton are my big three.

6. What is your opinion of novellas?
To tell you the truth, I never really gave much thought to them. I’d never read one, and never thought about writing one. But my agent and editor came to me and suggested I write one for the series, and poof! A new novella fan.

7. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just started reading Slashback by Rob Thurman in e-book. If you’ve never read anything by her, you’re totally missing out!

8. If you could invite any four celebrities (alive or dead) to your dinner party, who would you invite and why?
Poe would be at the top of the list, because, well, he’s POE! I think I’d also love to sit down with Chuck Norris and find out what he really thinks about all those Chuck Norris jokes… Also, David and Raymond Belle. Why? One word. Parkour.

9. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My advice would be don’t give up.

10. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
I’m a huge World of Warcraft junkie and I love to cook.

11. Where can your readers follow you?




Twitter: @JusAccardo


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment