Tuesday 11 June 2013

Author Interview: Sophie Davis

Sophie Davis has written Talented, Caged, Hunted and Captivated.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Sophie Davis.  Washington, D.C.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent book is Captivated.  It is a novella for my Talented Series.  Captivated chronicles what happens between the books, and shows more of the romance between my main character, Talia, and her love interest.  Like all the books in the Talented series, there is a lot of superpowers and supernatural elements.


3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I do!  My next book will be See You In My Nightmares.  It is the first book in a new teen paranormal trilogy.

4. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I most certainly do!

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The book covers for the Talented Series came about after A LOT of thought and deliberation.  In the end they were inspired by stock photography that really jumped out at me.  Robin Ludwig Designs has done the series covers for me!

6. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
My favorite cover is the one for Created, the final book in the Talented Series.  It hasn't been released yet, and I am dying to put the cover up for people to see!!

7. Do you have a playlist in mind for any of your books?  
I do.  Each book/series I write has a playlist associated with it.

8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I don’t yet.  This is something I have been working on.  In general, I love book trailers, as long as they are done right!

9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I prefer paperbacks, but I read mostly e-books and audiobooks these days.

10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am.

11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Just about any book that I own in paperback I have read more than once!

12. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
All the time.

13. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
Right now, dystopian.  But in general, I am big into mystery/thrillers.  I also read just about anything about the Tudors!

14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.  I am listening to this one on my Ipod.

15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Write down everything.  Write every day.  Keep all of your drafts, just in case you decided it really was better the first time around!

16. Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
Running and traveling.  I love to visit new places.

17. Where can your readers follow you?




Twitter:  @SophieDavisBook


Smashwords:  https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/SophieDavisBooks



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment