Wednesday 10 August 2011

Black Wood by Jayde Scott

ISBN: 9781466066670
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: 210


Surely witches, trolls, nymphs and silverfurs are figments of imagination? Emily Jones thinks that until she moves into Ravencourt manor, her deceased grandmother's manor. Its just as creepy and scary as she remembered it.
To bring her separated parents together again Emily opens a portal to Black Wood. And so Emily's long, dangerous fight against the evil Muriel begins.
Will Emily learn to use her grandmother's legacy before Muriel unleashes her powers upon the world?



I read this book to help my mum review and promote her blog giveaway and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! I flew through it, it only took me two sessions on the computer to read it (I probably would have read it quicker but due to my mum's giveaway she was reading on the kindle!). All of the characters were beautifully written but I have to say my favourite character was Emily,her personality and wit won me over from the start! I am hoping there is going to be a sequel to it, and if there is I will definitely want to read it! I absolutely love the cover as well, if it was on the shelf at Asda I would definitely pick it up to read!

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rachel. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it. Wishing you a lovely day, Jayde

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower! [:
    great blog you have here.

    I had never heard of this before, may have to check it out. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete