Thursday 15 September 2011

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

ISBN: 9780857071392
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 361


Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien is about Gaia Stone.
Gaia is a sixteen year old midwife who lives outside the wall with her mother (who is also a midwife) and her father. Gaia has always believed that it was her duty, with her mother, to hand over a small quota of babies to the Enclave.  But when Gaia's mother and father are arrested by the very people they so dutifully serve, Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught to believe. Gaia's choice is now simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying.


I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this wonderfully written, dystopian book! I found all the characters to be beautifully written but I have to admit my favourite character was Gaia. Her determination, loyalty and values won me over. 


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment