Thursday 5 January 2012

Dark Parties by Sara Grant

ISBN: 9781780620107
Publisher: Indigo
Pages: 352

Every tiny act of defiance adds up.
Maybe this one snowflake can start an avalanche.

Sixteen-year-old Neva has been trapped since birth. She was born and raised under the Protectosphere, in an isolated nation ruled by fear, lies, and xenophobia. A shield "protects" them from the outside world, but also locks the citizens inside. But there's nothing left on the outside, ever since the world collapsed from violent warfare. Or so the government says... 
Neva and her best friend Sanna believe the government is lying and stage a "dark party" to recruit members for their underground rebellion. But as Neva begins to uncover the truth, she realizes she must question everything she's ever known, including the people she loves the most.



This book was kindly sent to me to review from Sara Grant. I really enjoyed Dark Parties! I liked reading about the concept of the Protectosphere and the effect it had on the society it contained. The idea that all of the citizens of Homeland were variations of one another and that any form of individuality was suppressed fascinated me! My favourite character was Neva, she stayed true to herself and didn't give up, even when her friends did. I really liked reading about the meaning behind Neva's name and how the snow theme was maintained throughout this book. Although I like the cover of Dark Parties, I would have preferred it to look less computer generated and for it to have represented more of the story within.


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I want to read that so bad! It sounds vaguely like theHunger Games, which I'm a huge fan of.

    ReplyDelete