Friday 3 August 2012

Losing Face by Annie Try

ISBN: 9781780991191
Publisher: Roundfire Books
Pages: 239

Losing Face takes the form of Word documents, interspersed with emails. It covers the accident and recovery of Cass, who sustains terrible facial injuries in a car crash, including the loss of an eye. Her friend Em supports her throughout and the two very different girls struggle in their own ways to cope as Cass undergoes surgery, eventually returning to a mixed reception in school. Throughout the story, friendship and values are challenged, particularly through Cass's relationships with her mother and with her boyfriend, Spider. 

I received Losing Face by Annie Try for review from Roundfire Books, which I really enjoyed reading! Although at first I wasn’t keen on how the book was set out, the layout grew on me as the book progressed. I would definitely read other books written by Annie Try! My favourite character was Cass, because despite everything that happened to her she remained determined to get at least part of her old life back and because of her sense of humour whilst she was in the hospital. I really like the cover of Losing Face, as it’s inkeeping with the story, whilst also not giving too much away. I also like the cover because of its simplicity.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment