Friday 6 July 2012

The Set-up by Sophie McKenzie

ISBN: 9781847387110
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 304

Fourteen years ago, scientist William Fox implanted four babies with the Medusa gene - a gene for psychic abilities. But Fox died and the babies were hidden away for years. Now the children are teenagers - and unaware that their psychic powers are about to kick in.

I enjoyed reading The Set-up by Sophie McKenzie, even though it fitted more into the genre of Middle Grade than Young Adult. I was a bit disappointed at first when I realised how simplistic it was, but the story itself is a good concept. I didn’t really have a favourite character, as although it was over 300 pages, it felt more like a short story. In my opinion, the characters weren’t developed well enough through the book. Maybe this is because it’s the first book in the Medusa Project series?  Although I aren’t particularly fond of the cover of The Set-up, I think it suits the story within well. I also like that it matches the other books in the series as well.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment