Thursday 7 February 2013

Alice In Zombieland by Gena Showalter

ISBN: 9781848451575
Publisher: Mira Ink
Pages: 404

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I received an ARC copy of Alice In Zombieland by Gena Showalter for review from Mira Ink. Although Alice In Zombieland wasn’t what I originally thought it would be, I still really enjoyed reading it! Unfortunately, I didn’t have a favourite character, as for me there wasn’t one character that stood out especially. Despite slaying zombies, the main character, Alice Bell, was a bit tame, which sadly, took a bit of the shine off of the book. From the title and cover, (both of which I absolutely love!), I would have expected the Alice in this book, to have been more curious, more naive, bolder, braver and generally a bit more akin to the original Alice In Wonderland.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't come across this one before, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Also thanks for popping over to our UK Bloggers linkup, now following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book on so many blogs and people seem to enjoy it. Still really confused as to what this book is about .. not sure I'm going to read this after your review!

    ~New follower~
    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete