Sunday 27 November 2011

Stork by Wendy Delsol

ISBN: 9780763648442
Publisher: Candlewick
Pages: 355


Family secrets. Lost memories. And the arrival of an ancient magical ability that will reveal everything. 
Sixteen-year-old Katla LeBlanc has just moved from Los Angeles to Minnesota. As if it weren’t enough that her trendy fashion sense draws stares, Katla soon finds out that she’s a Stork, a member of a mysterious order of women tasked with a very unique duty. But Katla’s biggest challenge may be finding her flock at a new school. Between being ignored by Wade, the arrogant jock she stupidly fooled around with, and constantly arguing with gorgeous farm boy and editor-in-chief Jack, Katla is relieved when her assignment as the school paper’s fashion columnist brings with it some much-needed friendship.



I thoroughly enjoyed reading Stork! I really liked the concept of the Storks, it wasn't something I have ever come across before, and probably never would have if Wendy Delsol hadn't kindly sent a copy to me and my mum for us to read and review. My favourite characters were Katla, Penny and Hulda. Katla only became one of my favourite characters when she became a Stork and had to take on the responsibilities that came with being a Stork, as before she became a Stork she seemed quite uppity and selfish. Penny was also one of my favourites because of her bubbly yet kind and caring nature. But Hulda's protective nature, guidance and quirkiness made her my overall favourite. At first I wasn't too keen on the cover, but as I read further into the story I understood the meaning behind the image and it started to grow on me. Despite this I would still have loved to have had the Stork aspects of the book reflected more on the cover.


Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment