Wednesday 11 January 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

ISBN: 9780525423652
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 367

Fighting for truth
Escaping for freedom
Rebelling for love?


In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I didn't enjoy Crossed as much as I thought I would. I missed reading from the perspective of someone within the Society, and I missed reading about some of the characters that were in Matched, such as Bram and Xander. My favourite character in Crossed was Eli, because of his innocence and naivety. Cassia wasn't one of my favourite characters because of her reliance and faith in the Society, despite the harm that the Society inflicted upon her and her family. I love the cover of Crossed, I really like the colours that have been used and how the image of the girl escaping from the glass sphere, represents Cassia's escape from the Society.

Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment