Sunday 7 August 2011

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

ISBN: 9780316176040
Publisher: Poppy
Pages: 352

"The Blacksmith would marry her.
The Woodcutter would run away with her.
The Werewolf would turn her into one of its own."

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright is a twist on a classic fairy tale. Valerie's sister was beautiful, kind and sweet. Now she is dead. 
After her sister's violent death, Valerie's world begins to spiral out of control. For generations, The Wolf had been kept at bay with monthly sacrifices. But now no one is safe.
It soon becomes clear that only Valerie can hear The Wolf's voice, and to save everyone she loves she must surrender before the blood moon wanes.... or they will die.


Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. Although, the book was good, it was just not what I expected and not my type of book really. 
 Maybe I didn't enjoy it as much because I have always loved the original fairy tale version of Red Riding Hood?
Maybe I would enjoy the film more?


Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment