Monday 27 February 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

ISBN: 9780373210459
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 296

Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 


As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 


Henry’s first wife, Persephone


I received this book for review from Netgalley. Although it took me quite a while to read Goddess Interrupted I really enjoyed it! As much as I loved reading The Goddess Test, I preferred this book to the previous one as it seemed as though there was actually more going on within the story. I think I also liked Goddess Interrupted more because Kate became a stronger character, as she came into her powers and learnt more about herself and her "family". My favourite character was Kate, because she evolved from the weak, naive girl that she was in The Goddess Test to the strong, determined woman that she is in Goddess Interrupted, despite attempts by others to undermine her progress. I really like the cover of Goddess Interrupted as it is beautiful whilst remaining inkeeping not only with the Greek mythology theme within the series, but also with the previous books in the series.


Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment:

  1. I missed the first book...but everyone's reviews have me interested. Great review.

    ReplyDelete