Thursday 21 February 2013

Whispers At Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

ISBN: 9781250011916
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Pages: 383

Whispers At Moonrise is the fourth book in the Shadow Falls series.

Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn’t seem to belong to any one species - she exhibits traits from them all. As Kylie struggles to unlock the secrets of her identity, she begins to worry that Lucas will never be able to accept her for what she is, and what she isn’t…a werewolf.  With his pack standing in their way, Kylie finds herself turning more and more to Derek, the only person in her life who’s willing to accept the impossible.

As if life isn’t hard enough, she starts getting visits from the ghost of Holiday, her closest confidante.  Trouble is, Holiday isn’t dead…not yet anyway.  Now Kylie must race to save one of her own from an unseen danger before it’s too late - all while trying to stop her relationship with Lucas from slipping away forever.   In a world of constant confusion, there’s only one thing Kylie knows for sure.  Change is inevitable and all things must come to an end…maybe even her time at Shadow Falls.

I received an ARC copy of Whispers At Moonrise by C.C. Hunter for review from St Martin's Press. Although I enjoyed reading this book, I must admit that I didn't like it as much as the previous ones.  I would have loved to have learnt even more about the werewolves and their customs, but in Whispers At Moonrise the paranormal aspect took a backseat. Kylie seemed to spend more time chasing after Lucas than solving her ghostly problem. Despite enjoying this book, I didn't really have a favourite character, as Miranda & Della - who probably would have been my favourite characters - unfortunately weren't featured very much. I'm not really sure what to make of the cover of Whispers At Moonrise, as although I like the colours and I understand which part of the book the image is portraying, for me it just doesn't seem to suit the whole of the story well enough.

Available at  Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment