Friday 13 January 2012

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

ISBN: 9780061914669
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 293

Unrequited love is hard enough when you're a normal teenager, but when you're half human, half mermaid, like Lily Sanderson, there's no such thing as a simple crush. Especially when your crush is gorgeous (and 100% human) Brody Bennett.
The problem is mermaids aren't the casual dating type - the instant they kiss someone, they "bond" with them for life. When Lily's attempt to win Brody's love leads to an enormous case of mistaken identity, she finds herself facing a tidal wave of relationship drama.

I loved every moment of reading Forgive My Fins! From beginning to end it was quirky, fun and light-hearted. I thoroughly enjoyed Lily's underwater quips and references. My favourite characters were Lily, Shannen and Peri. Shannen and Peri were my favourite characters for many of the same reasons, they both care a great deal about Lily despite each only knowing her for one half of her life, (Peri for her life under the sea and Shannen for her life above it, on land). Lily was my favourite character because of her quirky personality, loyalty and slightly cheesy fishy remarks.Despite Forgive My Fins being about a mermaid, I didn't feel it was too cliché at all, I enjoyed the perfectly balanced mix of chick-lit and paranormal.
I love the whole jacket of this book! The blue under the sea themed cover image alone is amazing but the cute "doodled" shells and bubbles make the whole book jacket even more magical.

Available at Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment: