Saturday 30 June 2012

Soul Beach by Kate Harrison

ISBN: 9781780620060
Publisher: Orion
Pages: 256

People are dying to get here . . .

When Alice Forster receives an email from her dead sister she assumes it must be a sick practical joke. Then an invitation arrives to the virtual world of Soul Beach, an idyllic online paradise of sun, sea and sand where Alice can finally talk to her sister again - and discover a new world of friendships, secrets and maybe even love . . . . But why is Soul Beach only inhabited by the young, the beautiful and the dead? Who really murdered Megan Forster? And could Alice be next?

I received a signed copy of Soul Beach by Kate Harrison from Orion for review. I wouldn’t necessarily have picked this book up from my local bookstore, but I have to say, I absolutely loved reading it! Kate Harrison combines the genres of Young Adult and Paranormal extremely well! My favourite character was Alice, because of her selflessness. Despite the seemingly, idyllic site Alice’s sister (and others) reside in, she sees through its elaborate surroundings for what it actually is, and she longs to set them free . . . even though it may mean having to let her sister go again. I love the cover of Soul Beach as not only are the colours on it quite bold, and vibrant, but the cover also suit certain aspects of the story within. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book!

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment