Tuesday 30 August 2011

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

ISBN: 9780061214677
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 328

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr is the first book in the Wicked Lovely series.
Wicked Lovely is about Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Having the power to see faeries which are invisible to others is dangerous. All her life she has done her best to hide the fact that she can see them. All her life she has tried to avoid catching their attention.
But one faery just won't leave her alone.

I really enjoyed this twisted faery tale, for such a dark story it was written beautifully. The book was mostly written in Aislinn's point of view and as a result she became my favourite character. I liked the concept of the faeries being "evil" for once and iron being used to ward them off (a little bit like garlic being used to ward off vampires, and silver being used against werewolves). I really liked the cover, and after reading the book I understood the meaning behind it.

Available at Amazon.co.uk.

1 comment:

  1. This is another book that has been around awhile, that I still haven't read. I'm now re-reminding myself to read this. Good review!

    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete