Friday 11 November 2011

Author Interview: Cambria Hebert



Cambria Hebert has written Before, Masquerade and Whiteout.



1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Cambria Hebert. I currently live in North Carolina. My husband is military so we do move a lot.

2. Do you have a pen name?
I do not have a pen name. I use my real name on my books. If I had a pen name I would make up something outrageous like Moxy Fluffenutter…. He he he.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Before ( A Heven and Hell prequel). What if your life was perfect and everything in it was perfect…Before. Heven had it all… until she didn’t.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes! Masquerade is the first book in the Heven and Hell Series. There will be four books in the series and I hope to get out the next two next year. J

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
 I have a wonderful cover designer. Her name is Regina Wamba (http://www.maeidesign.com ). She also designed the cover for Masquerade and Whiteout.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Before is a title that I felt fit perfectly because it is about Heven’s life before everything changed. Before she was disfigured. For her there is a fine line drawn through her life: before her accident and after. I decided on Masquerade because there are quite a few people in the book who hide behind masks, hiding who they really are…

7. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I have a book trailer out now for Before! I also have one out for Whiteout (another short story I wrote) I am working on getting one for Masquerade. I think trailers are really fun! It gives you a little slice of the books world and sets an overall tone for the story. I also think they are fun to dance too and eat popcorn while watching!! You can watch my trailers here:

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I least prefer audio books. I tend to get distracted and stop listening, my mind tends to wander… lol. I like both E and print books. Ebooks are very convenient and are easy to travel with. Also, they tend to be a little less in price which is always nice. But really, there is something special about holding a book in your hands and being transported through the pages. I don’t think Ebooks will ever make print obsolete because of this. I think there is a place for Ebook and Print books.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I am being published through a small publishing house called Otherworld Publications. So, no I am not self published. But my publisher could be considered an Indie publisher because they are very small. ;)

10. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Don’t ever give up! Even if you have gotten 100 rejections ( I did) keep trying! If writing is your passion you will achieve your dream someday! Best advice I’ve been given?? Hmmm. Butt in chair. Yup. That next story isn’t going to write itself. To accomplish anything you have to put your butt in that chair and get to work.

11. Where can your readers follow you?





Twitter: @cambriahebert



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment