Wednesday 28 March 2012

Author Interview: Nilsa Rodriguez

Nilsa Rodriguez has written The Rising Moon.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Nilsa Rodriguez and I call the Sunshine State my home.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My most recent book is called The Rising Moon and if I had 20 or less words to describe it, it would be…Romance, Trust, Friendship, Belonging, Choices, Belief, Acceptance, Discovery, Betrayal, and Heartache.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
When I first began to write The Rising Moon, I didn't have plans to make it into a series but as the story grew and the characters began to develop, I decided to make it into a series. I'm currently working on book two.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing?
I've always loved reading books since I was a little girl. The excitement and the chance to go to faraway places just by turning a page have always fascinated me. I believe that is what inspired me to write.

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I had the great pleasure of working with Digital Artist, Barbara Neal in designing the cover for The Rising Moon. She is a very talented artist and quickly shared with me in the vision I had for the cover of the book. More of her artwork can be found at: http://mistraven.deviantart.com

7. Do you have a book trailer?

And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Book trailers are an awesome way to introduce your book to the public.

8. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I'm an old-fashioned kind of girl so I prefer paperback/ hardcovers…but the easy accessibility of e-books have been beginning to grow on me.

9. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
Yes.

10. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Sure. I'm sure we've all done it! ^-^

11. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
The Wolf Gift, by Anne Rice. E-book edition.

12. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Follow your heart and your dream.

And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
My favorite quote for writers: "If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

13. Where can your readers follow you?




Twitter: @Nilsa1221




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment