Thursday 5 July 2012

Author Interview: Ciye Cho

Ciye Cho has written Florence.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Ciye Cho and I live in Australia.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
"The Chosen" by Ricardo Pinto. My summary: Osrakum is a wonderland where demigods partake in a masked ball of murder, beauty, and sheer brutality.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I'm not currently working on a new book, but I plan to write a sequel to "Florence."

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I'm a chronic daydreamer... so coming up with stories is my favorite pasttime. I've been writing for several years, but my head's been in the clouds for far, far longer.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The cover is an illustration of Florence Waverley, the shy outsider trapped in a world of merfolk. The silhouettes represent the two princes of Niemela. I created the cover myself.

6. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
This one :-)!

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
I originally wanted to call it "Niemela" (after the fantasy world featured in this book) but eventually I thought it would be cool to just call it "Florence." The book is told through Florence's voice, so it seemed to make a lot of sense.

8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I love book trailers! They're windows that allow you to peek inside a book.

9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I love books in all their varied forms.

10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I'm self-published.

11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
"The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry... and anything by Roald Dahl.

12. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version)
No. But I have noticed that Australia does get some odd covers. US versions of fantasy books often have these cool portraits, while Australian copies often have these dull castles or landscapes. Not fair!

13. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
No. The only way to know a book is to dive into its pages.

14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Lauren Kate's "Fallen." I borrowed it from the library... and so far it's pretty interesting.

15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Best advice I've been given: If you're having trouble selling a book, write another one. (The 'other one' in my case happens to be "Florence.")

16. Where can your readers follow you?

Website: http://www.florence-books.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ciye-Cho/172636899458603?ref=hnav


Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ciyecho





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment