Tuesday 31 July 2012

Author Interview: Katie McGarry

Katie McGarry has written Pushing The Limits.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
I’m Katie McGarry and I live in Louisville, Kentucky in the United States.

2. Do you have a pen name? 
Nope.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Pushing the Limits is the name of my debut novel. Two teens work together to discover the secrets in their files but neither foresaw the consequences of falling in love.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Dare You To will be released in 2013. This book will continue the series by following the journey of Beth, a secondary character from Pushing the Limits. This is a story that has a very special place in my heart.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing? 
When I was a sophomore in high school, my English teacher told me she thought I was a talented writer. I had never thought about writing as a career before that. It took me several years to find the courage to write a novel, but her words were always in the back of my mind encouraging me.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
My publisher created my cover. I have seen the covers for the U.S. and the U.K. They are completely different, but both of them are absolutely gorgeous and represent the book so well. I’m not sure which one is my favorite.

7. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I have two: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and The Stand by Stephen King. I’ve read The Outsiders so much I have the first page memorized.

8. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
I shamefully admit, yes. I bought Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles because I fell in love with the cover. Unwind by Neal Shusterman also grabbed my attention solely based on the cover.

9. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
To never give up. Unfortunately, rejection is a part of the writing process. Remember—each no is one answer closer to a yes.

10. Where can your readers follow you?
Readers can follow me at my website: www.katielmcgarry.com, on twitter @katiemcgarry, and become a fan on Facebook or Goodreads. I also blog every couple of weeks at www.yafusion.com.


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment